YU’s official software partner Cyanogen has released CM12.1 based custom ROM to the recently released budget handset Yuphoria.
This new CyanogenMod CM12.1 is based on the latest AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.1.1 Lollipop update. It brings bug fixes, improvements to battery life, performance tweaks and other personalisation options to enhance user experience of the YU Yuphoria.
Prerequisites (Things to remember before installing the Custom ROM):
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- This new CyanogenMod CM12.1 [official] Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM – has to be installed on the YU Yuphoria aka lettuce model only ; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Yureka) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of manual software installation of Android devices. If the installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the device getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if devices get bricked.]
Cyanogen CM12.1 (Android 5.1 Lollipop) Link:
Download ROM for YU Yuphoria (aka lettuce): HERE
[Note: Build date: 13 June, 2015]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of CyanogenMod (official) CM12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on YU Yuphoria (aka lettuce) model-
Step 1: After downloading CyanogenMod CM12.1 [official] Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM in to your PC, connect Yuphoria to PC via USB cord.
Step 2: Place CyanogenMod CM12.1 ROM zip file into the phone’s memory (root-folder only).
[Note: Before users’ begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must be rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 3: Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 4: Perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding – ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power’- buttons.
Step 5: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting ‘wipe data/factory reset’.
[Note: use ‘Volume’ keys to navigate and ‘Power’ button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 6: Clear the cache memory by choosing ‘wipe cache partition’.
Step 7: Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select ‘advanced’ and tap ‘wipe dalvik cache’ [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 8: Come back to main recovery screen and then tap ‘install zip from SD card’.
Step 9: Tap ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and go to software ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. [Note: use ‘Volume’ keys to navigate and ‘Power’ button to select options]
Step 10: Once done with the installation process, navigate to ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and re-start the device by opting ‘reboot system now’ seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Yuphoria) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select ‘About phone’ to confirm the installation of CyanogenMod CM12.1 [official] Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on YU Yuphoria.